I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. - John 15:5

Sunday, June 22, 2008
I got a chance to speak again to close out Operation God for the year. We will be starting backup in September. But God gave me a continuation of the original story he had me write with the JC Superhero. But this time god wanted me to talk about how people can act out because they are so hurt inside. So for this reason we look at Jessica.

If you don't know of the original sermon please read Jesus Superhero

Listen to He Know's My Name Skit & Sermon Here

Sermon:

Wow that was an amazing story... Don't you think?

I can't believe JC wanted to meet with Jessica even though she tried to beat up Sam.. What kind of love could see past her anger and frustration and see her heart as it was.. Lost in her own despair, She really was trying to hide her pain wasn't she?

I guess there's another side of this picture don't you think? At first we thought Jessica was just some bully picking on Sam. But it was really Jessica who was scared wasn't she?

What I don't get is why JC was seeking after Jessica so hard.. She wasn't even looking for JC. But you know he found her any how.. Hmm...

I got an Idea..

I want you to close your eyes for a second... Imagine with me that your at home. Imagine you hear the doorbell ring but it sounds urgent, whoever is trying to get your attention won't stop ringing the bell..

(RING) (RING) (RING) (RING) (RING) (RING).

And you think to yourself.. What can be so important.. Who's ringing my door bell. Then you hear a voice. But you don't recognize the voice.. All you hear is “Its me your best friend, Let me in, I got some amazing news to tell you. Its AMAZING!!!”...

(RING) (RING) (RING) (RING).

And then you think.. I don't have a best friend.. So who's trying to talk to me. So you peak out your window and you see a Guy in a Red Cape And he has a HUGE J on his chest. And then you hear the door bell again.

(RING) (RING) (RING) (RING).

And so you yell out “What do you want. I don't know you.”

And the man replies “Oh... But I know you very well.. I know everything about you... I know your name, I know your every thought. Will you let me in? Please Let me in! I Love you! I want you to know me... Because I know you so well.. We will get along great... We will be best friends forever...”

And then you think to yourself.. “Should I let him in? Should... I? I wouldn't mind having a best friend..”

Then all of a sudden your dashing to the front door and you open it. And there is JC in front of you and he says “Welcome to the family my child, Welcome.. And then he hands you these tools and then he says.. Now Go!”.

And then you say “Go? Go where..”

And JC says “Go tell others about me.. Tell them about my love for them”

Can you imagine that? I sure can.. Because its exactly how it is in real life.. God knows you, he wants you to know him.. To have a relationship with him.. And he's asking.. LET ME IN TO YOUR HEART!! I want to give you the desires of your heart.. I want to help you fulfill your destiny.. I have given you everything you need to tell others about me so therefor go..

Do you realize you have the tools? Do you want to see a friend, a family member learn about Jesus Christ and his love for them? So I say to you.. Go! GO! GO! This summer GO! This Year Go! Go tell others about Jesus. Tell them about his love for them. Tell them about the god you know.. You Have what is needed. And I really want you to know something.. Its not about Nicki, Its not about Matt & Katie, Jodi, Mathew, or Nick Or even me... Its all about Jesus! Its not even about the person who's singing the worship, its not about the guy running the computer or even the person speaking the word of god. Its about Jesus!

As we started this year we Graduated into Overt Agents.. To be seen. To be sent in his name.. And we Bless you this summer to use the tools that god has given you! Will you help someone else open the door and let Jesus into there hearts? We Bless you in Jesus name!

PRAYER:

Father god we pray over these kids which you have anointed for this time. We come against fear of sharing your good news. We pray that you give them the words to share with there parents, there friends about you god.. We thank you for such a great year. We Thank you for your son and his example of your love for us. We thank you in Jesus mighty Name.. Amen
Posted by Whitepyro @ 2:38 PM  

1 Comments:
  • Blogger Valorosa said at 4:54 PM
    His love really is amazing ...
    It surmounts all imperfections and heals us.

    Thanks Josh this is a good reminder of the Lord's forgiving, merciful and kind ways that free us.
     

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Me

Subscribe to my feed

Latest Posts

Archives

Links

Posts Of Interest

Church

Promo Tags

Stickers

Design by Whitepyro © All Rights Reserved