I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. - John 15:5

Saturday, July 15, 2006
Hello my little ankle biters!

Well Friday night was a lot of fun! Pastor Brian announced that they were doing some out reach in the city of Brantford on Friday nights by just sitting around the church and talking as people go by. Some stop, some just keep on walking. We want to get to know the down town core people.

So last night I went to help out. To serve. To make new friends and most of all to learn from the experience. I must say it was fun to help out. Dave cooked the first round of hamburgers... Then he asked me to do it. So I cooked Hamburgers and hot dogs and handed them out to the people passing by. I must say it was a humbling experience. As the night went on it started to rain on us. Which called for us to pack in. But we did get some hours it from 9pm-1am. It was great and you could really feel gods presences in the atmosphere of us just letting him do the work and us just being there. Even the fire department came because someone said we were having a bomb fire... I blame it on the grease that was causing the BBQ to have huge flames. Not dramatic or anything. Just big for a BBQ..

Either way I can't wait till next Friday to do it again. Hopefully get to cook food again as I feel of some how involved in this blooming ministry.

On a side note I have also been constructing a tribute video for my dad that passed on. I hope to give it to the family when its done. :)

God bless and keep on trucking!

Josh
Posted by Whitepyro @ 8:55 PM  

3 Comments:
  • Blogger Unknown said at 9:58 AM
    It sounds like you had a lot of fun. I hope next week is more people show up. ;)

    Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a great Sundy.
     
  • Anonymous Anonymous said at 10:39 PM
    That sounds like soooo much fun ... Hope it is fruitful ... in fact I will pray that it is ....

    Awesome ... :-)
     
  • Anonymous Anonymous said at 7:00 PM
    Hey Ya, it was a great night :D
     

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Me

Subscribe to my feed

Latest Posts

Archives

Links

Posts Of Interest

Church

Promo Tags

Stickers

Design by Whitepyro © All Rights Reserved